1. Polylactic acid (PLA) is a new biodegradable material, which is made from the starch material proposed by renewable plant resources (such as corn).The starch raw material is saccharized to get glucose, and then the glucose and certain strains are fermented to produce high purity lactic acid, and then the polylactic acid with certain molecular weight is synthesized by chemical synthesis method.It has good biodegradability. After use, it can be completely degraded by microorganisms in nature and eventually generate carbon dioxide and water. It does not pollute the environment, which is very beneficial to protecting the environment.Ordinary plastics are still incinerated and cremated, causing a large amount of greenhouse gases to be discharged into the air, while polylactic acid plastics are buried in the soil for degradation, and the carbon dioxide produced directly goes into the soil organic matter or is absorbed by plants, and will not be discharged into the air and will not cause greenhouse effect.
2. Good mechanical and physical properties.Polylactic acid is suitable for blow molding, thermoplastic and other processing methods, convenient processing, widely used.Can be used for processing from industrial to civil all kinds of plastic products, packaged food, fast food box, non-woven cloth, industrial and civil cloth.Processing into agricultural fabric, health care fabric, rag, sanitary things, outdoor anti ultraviolet fabric, tent cloth, ground mat face and so on, the market prospect is very optimistic.
3. Good compatibility and degradability.Polylactic acid is also widely used in the field of medicine, such as the production of disposable infusion equipment, removable surgical sutures, etc., and low molecular polylactic acid as drug sustained-release packaging agent.
4. In addition to the basic characteristics of biodegradable plastics, polylactic acid (PLA) also has its own unique characteristics.Conventional biodegradable plastics are not as strong, transparent or as resistant to climate change as regular plastics.
5. Polylactic acid (PLA) has similar basic physical properties to petrochemical synthetic plastics, which means that it can be used for a wide range of applications.Polylactic acid also has a good gloss and transparency, comparable to films made from polystyrene, which other biodegradable products cannot provide.
6, polylactic acid (PLA) has the good tensile strength and the degree of stretch, polylactic acid also can produce all kinds of ordinary processing methods, such as: melt extrusion molding, injection molding, film forming, foaming molding and vacuum forming, and widely used polymer have similar forming condition, furthermore it also has the same as the traditional film printing performance.In this way, PLA can be made into a wide variety of applications for the needs of different industries.
7, polylactic acid (PLA) film has good air permeability, oxygen permeability and dioxygen and carbon permeability, it also has the characteristics of odor isolation.Viruses and molds are easy to attach to the surface of biodegradable plastics, so there are concerns about safety and hygiene. However, PLA is the only biodegradable plastic with excellent antibacterial and mildew resistance properties.
8. When polylactic acid (PLA) is incinerated, its heat value is the same as that of incinerated paper, which is half of that of incinerated traditional plastics (such as polyethylene), and the incineration of PLA will never release toxic gases such as nitrogen compounds and sulfur compounds.The human body also contains lactic acid in its monomer form, which indicates the safety of this disintegrating product